So I turned 26 the other day. It's weird being closer to 30 than to 20, but oddly enough I think I'm okay with that.
I wanted to make a little list of 27 things to do before I turn 27…I've made lists like this in the past and it's fun to just look back and see what was important to you a certain time in your life. For instance when I did a 25 before 25 I wrote things like: play on a beach at midnight, go to Europe, do a daily art journal, get a tattoo, read more classics, etc. Never got the tattoo, but the rest I did (although I could read more).
I don't really plan to have them all checked off, but it will be nice to keep up with them as a goal reminder.
27 THINGS TO DO BEFORE I TURN 27
1. Campout on a beach and watch the sunrise.
2. Stargaze. (So simple yet how often do we really do this? Not enough).
3. Apply to more juried shows and get into at least two.
4. Experiment more with oil on wood.
5. Spend an entire weekend without social media.
6. Watch at least 5 documentaries.
7. Be able to identify at least a few trees & plants (knowing the correct names).
8. Visit at least one new state.
9. Learn more about other planets.
10. Send more handwritten letters and less Facebook messages. REAL birthday cards.
11. Go to at least two museums.
12. Read all of the LOTR books.
13. Explore more of Houston.
14. Explore more of the west end of Galveston.
15. Sketch/paint outside.
16. Eat less bread & less sugar.
18. Paint more portraits.
19. Actually read the books on my bookshelf.
20. Learn more about screen printing.
21. Learn more about cultures/species and their rituals.
22. More candid photos.
23. More home videos.
24. Expand my shop.
25. Play in the rain.
26. Do things for others without expecting anything in return.
27. Support local shops/restaurants.